Answered By: IESE Library Last Updated: Feb 19, 2020 Views: 1
- EMIS. Go to the Country tab. Select any country from the Asia Pacific area and check the widgets to quickly navigate to the type of information or a tool you need: Overview, Macro Statistics, Equity Market, Forecasts, Reports, News…
For information on the whole region, use EMIS main search box and type “pacific basin” or “pacific region”.
- PACAP (Pacific Basin Capital Markets) via WRDS - Wharton Research Data Services (First time users will need to click on Register to request a user account and then fill out the form. It takes 24 hours to get approved)
- Go to Passport and select the Economies tab > Economy, Finance and Trade> Country Reports and then choose a category and a Geography and click GO.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) Includes the Asian Development Outlook. Annual.
- World DataBank East Asia and the Pacific news, In-depth analysis, regional overviews, country briefs. Data and statistics.
- Orbis has an expert search function to screen for worldwide companies by any of the following criteria: company name, industry, location, size, company type, ownership, status, M&A deals, top range of companies.
- Thomson One. Click on Screening & Analysis > Companies > Company screener, then search by Geographic location (click on magnifying glass for a list of Country, Region or State codes), Industry classification, etc. Note: this resource only works in Internet Explorer.
- EMIS. Go to the Industries tab. Select any country from the Asia Pacific area, for example “China”. Then choose the Industry Reports widget, to select a specific industry.
- Passport. Consumer focus. Regional and country specific reports.
- Thomson One. Go to Screening and Analysis. Click on Research. Search by industry reports, geography and industry. Note: this resource only works in Internet Explorer.
- http://www.doingbusiness.org/ (IFC the World Bank)
- Business in Asia.net. Many links to resources and news.
- Deloitte Tax and Investment Guides. By country.
- Enterprise Surveys. World Bank. Complements "Doing Business In" Series
- U.S. International Trade Administration. Search for Country Commercial Guides.
Financing and Investment
- Asian Bonds Online ASEAN
- Directory of Central Banks Links to Central Banks around the world.
- Thomson One. Click on Screening & Analysis. Next click on Private Equity. Limit by firm location = asia or investment location = asia. Note: this resource only works in Internet Explorer.
- Factiva. Limit by region or source. Include native language publications.
- International Trade Administration (ITA) Links to U.S. government resources for trade.
- WTO Statistics database The World Trade Organization's databases include trade, tariff and services profiles, as well as the Time Series section, which allows an interactive data retrieval of international trade statistics.
Statistical Resources: Asia
- National Statistical Offices in Asia and the Pacific
- ASEAN Association of Southeast Asian Nations
- National and International Data Sources and Links United Nations.
- Strategic Asia Program. National Bureau of Asian Research.