Answered By: IESE Library Last Updated: Nov 21, 2016 Views: 10
Use Thomson One (Good for downloading a time series).
- Search for the company by ticker or name, in Company View, select Price Charts. For times series, click on view data.
- Or use the default search page and search on the desired company's name and in the area of the screen for Price & Volume click Advanced Charting.
Note: this resource only works in Internet Explorer.
In Datastream (access: Barcelona and Madrid Libraries only):
- In the Data category: Equities search for the company by name.
- Specify the desired time period and frequency in Settings button.
- Select in Analysis: Single Series Data > Time series data
- Click Run now.
- To download the data click the Transfer result to Spreadsheet (Excel icon).
Go to WRDS and choose CRSP. You need to obtain your WRDS account.
You can also use Bloomberg (access to Barcelona Library Documentation room). Type the stock's ticker symbol, then hit EQUITY and then GO. Choose 17) Charting & Reporting and then select 19) Historical Price Table.
Other recommended FREE resources:
- Yahoo! Finance (~1970s-present) & Google Finance (~last 5 years):
1. In upper left corner, enter company name or ticker into search box
2. In options list (on left), click on "Historical Prices"
3. Change values in the data ranges boxes
- Big Charts
- Silicon Investor
- PinkSheets - for current prices on OTC stocks.