Answered By: IESE Library Last Updated: May 18, 2018 Views: 16
Use Bloomberg terminal, it is located on the Barcelona Library Financial room:
- To create a Fund Performance Chart that compares returns of funds across various time periods type FPC and hit GO.
1. Choose 99) Fund Family to search for specific funds, e.g., Vanguard. In the Search All Families search box type Vanguard. Select Vanguard Funds/USA from the list of fund families.
2. Click on a fund name to get more information.
- To use the Fund Search Engine that screens for funds based on specific search criteria type FSRC and hit GO.
For historical information on total net assets, net asset value (NAV), etc. go to WRDS and click on CRSP. Click on Mutual Funds.
Use Datastream (available only from Barcelona and Madrid Libraries - through Thomson Reuters Eikon). Search in the Unit Trusts area. Unit trust is the name for a mutual fund in the UK and a number of other English-speaking countries.
Search the Factiva databases using the terms “mutual funds” and “rankings”.
- Click Mutual Funds and enter the name (or ticker or series ID or class ID) of the mutual fund you are looking for.
The Investment Company Institute provides statistics, background information, and position papers.