Answered By: IESE Library Last Updated: Jan 13, 2017 Views: 11
Business Source Ultimate: Search under "Tourism and travel." Later, select or filter results by: Industry Profiles.
Passport: Under the "Industries" option in the principal menu, select: "Travel ".
EMIS: Select a Country from the groupings on the right side of the screen. Then search for "Tourism and Travel".
ThomsonOne.com for analyst reports. Click on Screening & Analysis, and then select Research. Use industry look up to locate "travel industry".
Note: this resource only works in Internet Explorer.
See the following:
STATISTICS AND PUBLICATIONS, FACTS & FIGURES
- Tourism Industries from the Office of Travel & Tourism Industries (International Trade Administration, U.S. Dept. of Commerce).
- Travel and Tourism section from the Bureau of Economic Analysis web site.
- U.S. Travel Association online reports
- Canadian Tourism Commision
- Australian statistics
- European Travel Comission
- World Travel and Tourism Council
- International Travel Statistics
- World Tourism Organization
- Bureau of Transportation Statistics
- "INE: Hostelería y Turismo" for Spanish statistics.
DISTANCE AND MAPS
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Center for Disease Control (CD) Travel Information
- National Hurricane Center
- Travel Health Online
- U.S. Department of State
TRANSPORTATION SCHEDULES - AIRPLANE, RAIL
- Airline Toll-Free Numbers & Websites
- Amtrak Schedules
- European Railway Server
- Rail Europe Homepage
- Real time tracking of airline flights - Aeroseek
TRAVEL INFO- ATM LOCATOR, FOREIGN LANGUAGES, HOLIDAYS, TIME ZONES
- ATM Locator - International - VISA
- Air Travel Consumer Report - Flight delays, Mishandled baggage, Oversales, etc.
- Business Culture Guides - Executiveplanet.com
- Interfaith Calendar - Religious holidays worldwide
- Local times around the world
- Manhattan Street Locator
- The Nations Online Project - Detailed country information
- Passport Express - expedites U.S. passports in 24 hours
- World Airport Guide
- WMO Members - World Meteorological Organization National Weather Services