Answered By: IESE Library Last Updated: May 18, 2018 Views: 3207
Current and recent beta values:
- Thomson One (World): Find current betas in the Market Data section of the Company Overview. (Note: this resource only works in Internet Explorer)
- Orbis (World): With the company report displayed, click on Stock Data and Security & Price Info under the tab "Display a specific section".
- Sabi (Spain): With the company report displayed, click on Stock Data and Security & Price Info under the tab "Display a specific section".
- Datastream (available only from Barcelona and Madrid Libraries through Thomson Reuters Eikon): select Static data under Data format.
- Go to Bloomberg (access to Barcelona Library Financial room). Type company ticker hit EQUITY, type BETA.
- Go to the website Google Finance and search for your company. Scroll down the left menu to Description; click on More from Reuters; select Financials and find Beta among the Valuation Ratios for your company (along with industry and sector beta).
- Yahoo Finance
Historical beta values:
- Go to WRDS (Betas are available back to 1962). Click on CRSP > Select Indices and Deciles > Select Portfolio Assignments:
1. Step One: Choose a Year-end Beta Assignment
2. Step Two: Choose a Date Range
3. Step Three: Enter a Ticker Symbol
4. Step Four: Choose Beta value (BETAV) and DATE
5. Submit your request
- Getting historical beta values is more complicated but possible with Datastream (access: Barcelona and Madrid Libraries only - through Thomson Reuters Eikon).
- To obtain a historical time series go to Bloomberg (access to Barcelona Library): Type XSTD and tap HELP key to find the Historical Studies for Multiple Securities EXCEL template. Download the excel file. Click on settings, enter the ticker then select statistics.
- Factiva: Company beta dates back 5 years (Search for the company you want and select Reports > Ratio Comparison Report > View Report > Valuation ratios: Beta, 5 years).