Answered By: IESE Library Last Updated: Jan 13, 2017 Views: 392
Use Thomson One to search for a company's IPO. Data is only available for companies from 1985 to the present.
Note: this resource only works in Internet Explorer.
- You can search by date to locate all companies that went public during a specific timeframe:
1. Go to Screening & Analysis
2. Go to Deals & League Tables
3. Click on Equity folder
4. Click on Advanced Search
5. Select All Equities > Continue
6. Expand Deal Info to locate Dates.
7. Expand Dates and click on Dates: Issue Date and then choose a standard or custom date in the dialog box.
8. Apply to the search.
9. Also under Deal Info select Issue Type and IPO.
10. Click NO to the prompt regarding applicable databases.
11. Click on blue R (Run search).
12. Select a report type and Execute Search to see the results.
- To search by Company:
1. Go to Screening & Analysis > Deals & League Tables
2. Click on Equity > Click on Advanced Search
3. Expand on Company under Advanced Equity Search and search by Name.
4. To limit the search for the original IPO date, click on the Item Search tab.
5. Search for "original ipo".
6. Double click on Original IPO flag.
7. Select AllOriginal IPOs. Apply to search.
8. Click NO to the prompt regarding applicable databases.
9. Click on blue R (Run search).
10. Select a report type and click on Execute Request to see the results.
You can also click on Create New to select reporting items.
- To find data on private equity-backed IPOs, click on Private Equity (under Screening & Analysis), then choose PE Exits.
Bloomberg (access to Barcelona Library Documentation room). Enter ECDR.
For looking at dataset, use Compustat or CRSP in WRDS (you need to obtain your WRDS account).
The London Stock Market provides various statistics including New Issues and IPO Summary spreadsheet.
Company SEC filings can be accessed through the Search EDGAR facility.
Jay Ritter has an excellent web page of IPO data including data files from the appendices of several IPO papers.
- IPO Home
- IPO Monitor
- IPO Vital Signs
- NASDAQ IPO's
- NYSE IPOs
- Renaissance Capital's IPO Expert
- Yahoo! Finance Recent IPO Reports