Answered By: IESE Library Last Updated: Jul 14, 2015 Views: 5
Answered By: IESE Library
Last Updated: Jul 14, 2015 Views: 5
Search for business segment data in the following databases:
- Use Orbis, search for a company, and select Segment Data. (Financial data 10 years back if available).
- In ThomsonOne.com (Note: this resource only works in Internet Explorer), use the default search page and search on the desired company's name, click on Company Overview criteria. Scroll over the profile and choose Segments as of... You can also click on Segment Summary. (Financial data 3 years back if available).
- Use WRDS -- log in with your Wharton username and password (you need to obtain your WRDS account) and choose Compustat as your dataset. Scroll down to Other Products and choose Segments. (Data available 25+ years back if available).
- MarketLine: Find a company, then see the "revenue analysis" section, if it is available.
- Bloomberg: Type a company's ticker symbol, press the EQUITY key, then type "des6," then press the GO key. Bloomberg will display the product segmentation for the company. Data for up to three previous years may be available. Bloomberg is available at Barcelona IESE Library Documentation room.