Answered By: IESE Library Last Updated: Jan 13, 2017 Views: 6
Go to the following resources for industry information:
- Business Source Ultimate: Provides articles and reports by topic. Start your search strategy by inputting "pharmaceutical industry". You may use the subject terms suggested by the database to further modify the search.
- Passport: Enter the term "Pharmaceutical" in the box.
- Factiva: Click on "Companies/Markets" and select "Industry". Browse and select Pharmaceuticals
- EMIS: Select a Country from the groupings on the right side of the screen. Then search for "Pharmaceuticals".
- MarketLine: Enter the term "Pharmaceutical" in the box.
- The OECD iLibrary has a wide range of statistics about pharmaceuticals in the 31 OECD member nations. Click the 'Data' button to access the statistics online.
For additional reports, research, analysis, social impact of pharmaceutical industry, try:
- ThomsonOne.com (Note: this resource only works in Internet Explorer): Analyst reports from brokers and independent research firms. Click on Screening & Analysis, and then select Research. Many firms include some IMS data (IMS is a leading provider of market intelligence data for the pharmaceutical industry) in their reports.
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA): Represents the leading U.S. pharmaceutical research and biotechnology companies. Publishes regular profiles and reports about the state of the industry.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI): Trade association for more than 75 companies in the UK producing prescription medicines.
- European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Association (EFPIA): Represents the research-based pharmaceutical industry operating in Europe. Membership includes 30 national pharmaceutical associations and 46 pharma companies. Publications section includes Pharma Industry in Figures back to 1998, as well as topical reports.
- International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Association (IFPMA). Represents national industry associations and companies from both developed and developing countries. Member companies of the IFPMA are research-based pharmaceutical, biotech, and vaccine companies.
Pharmaceutical Management Science Association (PMSA): Site includes slides from past conference presentations