Answered By: IESE Library
Last Updated: Nov 27, 2019     Views: 34

Applicable to the United States, an Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number (FEIN), and is used to identify a business entity. The EIN is sometimes listed as the IRS Number.

For public companies, you can find the EIN (or IRS Number) printed on the first page of 10-Ks, 20-Fs and other SEC filings. You can find these for free on Edgar.

For EINs for private companies, you can sign up for a free trial at EIN Finder. Your first three searches are free.

Most EU countries use Tax Identification Numbers (TINs) to identify taxpayers and facilitate the administration of their national tax affairs. TINs are also useful for identifying taxpayers who invest in other EU countries and are more reliable than other identifiers such as name and address.

See more information about European TIN Portal here.

Related Topics

Contact Us

Useful links