Answered By: IESE Library Last Updated: Jan 09, 2020 Views: 26
- WRDS (Wharton Research Data Services) (First time users will need to click on Register to request a user account and then fill out the form. It takes 24 hours to get approved.)
WRDS Provides access to CRSP (Center for Research in Security Prices) data. Part of the CRSP package is the U.S. Government Bond File, which contains data for approximately 3,100 marketable U.S. Government Securities.
- Select CRSP for Monthly Treasury Bonds.
- Select TRACE for corporate bond market quotes.
- Use Bloomberg (available at Barcelona IESE Library Financial room).
For Government securities, select the yellow GOVT key, then the green GO key.
For corporate bonds, select the yellow CORP key and then the green GO key.
Type TOP BON and hit the green <GO> key to see Top News on the Bond Market.
Also, the World Bond Monitor provides comprehensive news and data for the global bond market. Type WB and hit green <GO> key.
- Use Thomson One. (This resource only works in Internet Explorer.)
Click the Screening & Analysis tab to search for offerings.
- EIKON (Available at Barcelona and Madrid Libraries. Ask staff for password) - See FAQ: How can I access Eikon?
Eikon provides time series data for a wide range of global fixed income securities.
- For Global data, try Datastream. See FAQ: How can I access Datastream?
Also, try the following:
All About Auctions - T-bills, notes, and bonds at auctions.
Bonds and Rates - CNNfn.
Corporate Ratings Criteria - Standard & Poor's.
Investing in Bonds - Bond Market Association.
Savings Bonds - U.S. Treasury.