Answered By: IESE Library Last Updated: May 14, 2019 Views: 15
Use WRDS (you need to obtain your WRDS account) and select Compustat North America and then Segments.
Use Orbis, search for a company, View report and select Segment Data on the right-hand tool-bar. (Financial data 10 years back if available).
In ThomsonOne. Note: this resource only works in Internet Explorer.
- Use the default search page and search on the desired company's name, click on Company Overview criteria. Scroll over the profile and choose Segments as of... You can also click on Segment Summary (data 3 years back if available).
- Or, locate the company by name or ticker symbol. In the Company Overview section, click on the Full Summary link in the Financial Summary area. Use the drop-down under Annual Key Financial Items and select Business Segment or Geographic Segment.
- Or also, look also in the left margin for Screening & Analysis > Companies > Company screener > Advanced Search > Foreign Business under Step 2: select Items: categories. In this same area the list of all datatypes offers foreign sales data.
In MarketLine click on Companies, search for the company name in the left hand menu and then select the company you want. Once you have viewed the company report, go to the ”Profile” section in the left hand menu and select “Business Segments”.
Also, use Bloomberg (available in the Financial Room of Barcelona IESE Library. Ask staff for password):
- First, type the company's ticker symbol, and then hit the EQUITY key. Type Des and hit GO. You will get the geographic segmentation for the company.
- Also, use the following commands to view desired data: E.g.,: type LVMH BB hit the [EQUITY] key then type FA PROD and hit the GO key:
- Product Segments: ticker [EQUITY] FA PROD
- Geographic Segments: ticker [EQUITY] FA GEO