Answered By: IESE Library Last Updated: May 12, 2016 Views: 7
Use Thomson One:
- Click on the Screening & Analysis.
- Click on Deals & League Tables.
- Select M&A, and then click on Advanced Search.
- Under Data Items box click to Item Search, and then, in the Search Criteria box type "Liquidation".
- Click on Liquidation Flag and Click on Select All Liquidations.
- Run to search.
- Select the format and click on Execute Search.
Note: this resource only works in Internet Explorer.
Go to Compustat which is available through WRDS. It lists S&P Quality Ranking (Mnemonic - SPCSRM) as 99 for liquidations.
Another alternative is CRSP which is available through WRDS. It flags a delisting code as 400-499 for liquidations. Note: the company would have to be delisted to be included.